Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dear Kat,

I'm 25 years old and my problem is I'm not close to my Mom. My family is very dysfuncional and I live with them and it is very stressful. I am planning to move within the next 6 months because fincancially I cannot afford it yet because I am saving for a condo. I want to try to build a relationship with my Mom but she is so negative and it disrups my positive energy. I need some advice on how to salvage our relationship without driving myself insane.

Betty


Dear Betty,

You did not mention how she is negative but in any case she is your mother. You are living with her so you should be grateful that you have a roof over your head. If you are so stressed maybe you should nix getting a condo and just get an apartment. You sound very ungrateful. Talk to your mother and try to work things out. You only have one mother and tommorow is not promised.

No comments: