Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dear Kat,

I'm a 30 year old, professional, single mother of a 7 year old son. The problem is my son's father is in jail & I have a problem with finding a good man to date & have a serious
relationship with. I stopped dating & just pray to God to send me a good man. I would like a positive male in my son's life but it seems like the guys I dated in the past were just a bunch of losers. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Lonely mother

Dear lonely,

First of all God only helps those who helps themselves. God is not going to just send you a man. You have to be in a position to meet single, educated, professional men. I suggest all the qualities you are looking for a mate make sure you have all these qualities as well. You will atttract whatever you give off. Join a charity, go to conventions, museums, etc and mingle. I am sure you will be able to meet new people & make friends. Do not rush anything & just have fun. Focus on being the best parent you can be for your son. Also enroll your son in activities like sports. music, art or any activities where a man is the head. Good luck & keep me posted.

No comments: